Half Day Tour Canyoning Rappelling
Half Day Tour Canyoning Rappelling: There are 4 rappels, 3 of which are along side or right in waterfalls, and one dry rock face. From the first waterfall you will rappel down from the top into the beautiful and pristine canyon below –
NOTE: New Addition: The newest addition to half day tour canyoning rappelling is The Monkey Drop and Rock Climb. After rappelling down the first waterfall 165 feet you climb up the side of the canyon wall 20 feet to a short trail. Then you zip line across the canyon and rappel down the cable 82 feet to the canyon floor. The monkey drop and rock climb is added to the 4 rappels that include 3 waterfalls and a delicious hot lunch. (This is a delightful addition to this adrenalin packed tour and as always is kid and family friendly.)
Canyoning-Rappelling through Waterfalls
Come experience the Magic of the Rainforest!
Half Day Tour Canyoning Rappelling begins with a short 4×4 drive into the tropical rainforest outside the town of La Fortuna, in the shadow of the Arenal Volcano. After leaving base camp, it is just a short drive to the turn off and then the bumpy ride to the canyon begins (approx 20 min drive).
You will trek through the forest on magical trails that lead to some of the most spectacular waterfalls in Costa Rica, a place few people get to experience. Along the way we will have the chance to discover the secrets that lie hidden deep within the canyon.
Experienced Canyoning-Rappelling Guides will carry equipment to the starting point so you use the restroom one more time before the guides start to gear you up in shaded comfort.
No easy, gentle start here. The first drop is a doozy!! 165 Feet to the bottom of the canyon. After the first rappel you will be ready for anything. So prepare to get WET. You will swear this must be some version of Costa Rican Wet T-Shirt contest!
At the end of the tour, you will hike about 15 minutes up the canyon. What goes down, must come back up… There vehicles wait to take you back to the base camp and a hot lunch and cool refreshing tropical fruit drink.
CD with photos of your Canyoning tour and bonus wildlife shots are available at the end of the tour ($25), and you’ll be sure to want a T-Shirt to wear to remind you of all the fun you had. After lunch, you will be driven back to your Arenal or Fortuna area Hotel.
- RT Transportation From/To your Arenal or Fortuna area Hotels, There is an additional charge for hotels outside La Fortuna area
- Canyoning Tour through the canyons and waterfalls
- Experienced, Friendly Canyoning Guides
- Rappelling Equipment, Vest & Helmet
- Waterproof pullovers are available for those who chill easily
- Lunch at Base Camp
- Tour Rates $101 Per Person Nov. 16, 2014 to November 15th 2015
- Transportation may stop at multiple hotels before or after your pickup and drop-off times.
- Duration: 5 hours
- Schedule: Departures at 7:15 AM or 12 PM
- Tour Rates: Please Call for Rates
What to bring
- Go dressed ready to hike and to get WET.
- Be sure to TEVAs or old tennis shoes – something that is sure to stay on your feet.
- Have bathing suit underneath your clothes and bring a bag to leave dry clothes in – guides will keep this bag at base camp while you are rafting)
- Bring Comb, TOWEL, and other Toiletries with you in bag to leave with guides
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- T-Shirt of Long-Sleeved shirt to prevent sunburn
- Waterproof Camera with lanyard that you can attach to your vest (or camera in small Pelican Case works well)
- Do NOT bring anything that you do not want to get WET
- ADD This tour to any hotel package – Call for Pricing
- If not booking a hotel with us, we require a minimum of 4 persons to book this tour.
- Daily Departures
- Minimum of 2 persons
- For more exciting adventure tours in the La Fortuna Arenal Volcano area with Bill Beard’s: CLICK HERE
To see all the adventure tours that Bill Beard’s operates in Costa Rica: CLICK HERE
For single, triple, quad or group rates, contact our agents.
Our Reservation Office Is Located In La Fortuna, Costa Rica In The Shadow Of Arenal Volcano, behind the Catholic Church, Near The World Famous Hot Springs.
For Reservations & Information
Contact Our Office At 877 853-0538 or 954 453-5044 M – Sat., 9 – 9 ET
These activities are NOT RECOMMENDED for pregnant women, those with heart issues, back problems, or other conditions that may preclude them from safely participating in these activities or bring potential harm to other participants